
10 year old Drew and his cousin, 10 month old Tyson. Oh, my! 10 years ago, Drew was our baby! When I took the picture of the boys, I was just thinking it was a cute photo. But when I saw it download from my camera onto my computer, it took my breath away. I just stared at it for a good full minute. I reflected on the past 10 years....the joys, trials, growth, and changes. My first reaction is to tear up a bit. In some ways, 10 months to 10 years happened fast, and I'd like to rewind to the baby years of Drew. But my second, much stronger reaction is to say, "Yippee! We're doing what we're supposed to be doing, going in a direction we're supposed to go. He's learning, discovering, changing...he's growing up!" I watch him help his sister learn to read, pitch in his Little League baseball games, play his violin, laugh and play with his brother, learn new things about himself and the world, and pray his prayers. I'm so grateful to have had this time together, and look forward to the future. We've come a long way, Drew!