Friday, August 22, 2008

Summertime....

Well, I've seriously neglected this blog! I can tell that I will have to schedule a regular time to write, or it won't get done! We've had really great visits this summer from the Lemaster family, the Conley family, and "Nema" just spent a week with us at the beach. Our trees were trimmed, and Jon and I built a pool deck. We've enjoyed many games of ping pong, now that we've made room for the table on our lanai. The kids have become even better swimmers this summer, and Jon is teaching them to dive. Lots of bugs were caught by Anna, and we had a great time on our family camping/float trip to north Florida (itchy chiggar bites and all). It's been so nice to have the summer to relax together, after Jon's past two years of grad school.

We have Olympic fever! The boys are doing their best Micheal Phelps impressions in the pool, and working hard to accomplish a good butterfly stroke. Track was also pretty popular around our house. Yesterday, I looked out my back door to see all three kids had used a roll of masking tape to create lane lines.....races on the lanai! They would run one lap, ride their bikes one lap, then the last lap was a run to the finish.

Jon is back in school, and I'm starting at FC and FCA next week. Our family school will begin Monday. I'm still waiting for a few materials to arrive, so we are easing into it with a light school week. Anna went to her new ballet class (the big girls, she says....5 and 6 year olds) Wednesday, and all three go to gymnastics on Mondays. Baseball tryouts are tonight, and I think practice starts Saturday. So, if you need to reach me in the evening or on Saturdays for the next several months, call my cell! The boys can't wait to be playing ball again. They just walked in from tryouts, all smiles....they were glad to see some of their friends and coaches from last season.