Friday, November 14, 2008

Drew is 10!

Drew has entered double digits....hard to believe our once little boy has turned 10. As I tucked him the night of his birthday, I told him the story of the day he was born. I told him I woke up that morning, several days overdue, thinking something was different, and maybe, just maybe today was the day! I told him how Jon and I tried to keep ourselves distracted all morning, then went to the hospital around noon. "We" labored all afternoon, and into the evening. I told him how his Grandpa rushed back from the Florida College alumni game (sorry Travis), narrowly escaping a speeding ticket, to be there as Drew made his appearance. The waiting room was crowded with family who patiently waited for news from down the hall. Finally, around 9:30PM Drew took his first breaths. I can close my eyes, and go right back to the moment I first saw his face! I am so grateful for him. I see how far he's come from those first days....from baby to 10 year old, and I honestly can say that "you'll always be my little boy" has new meaning for me.