Friday, April 24, 2009

FC string ensemble concert

Jon invited my FCA strings class to play with the FC string ensemble. The children were very excited to play with the "big kids." They played Humoresque, Perpetual Motion, and Lightly Row. We're now preparing for our FCA May concert, which will have a patriotic theme. So, we're working on the Star Spangled Banner, Yankee Doodle, and (of course) the Arkansas Traveler. I didn't get a good shot of Aden. The close-up pictures were taken in rehearsal, and Aden came in at the last second from his baseball game so I didn't get him. You can sort of see his head in the group shot...second to last head from the left! Drew is sitting with his friend, Bryan, and Anna looks so cute with her feet dangling as she sits with Lisa, a violin major. I was so proud of all the kids!